Cascade Eagles Pathfinders
The Cascade Eagles Pathfinders are located in Burlington, WA, in the beautiful Skagit Valley. We are a young boys and girls club for both boys and girls, in grades 5 through 10. (Please Note: Pathfinders is a worldwide ministry of the Seventh Day Adventist Church)
Our club is raising funds for the, once every Five Years, North American Division (NAD) Pathfinder Camporee in Oshkosh, WI, next August, 2014. The theme is: Daniel - 'Forever Faithful'.
Over 38,000 Pathfinders, from all over the World, will be in attendance at this event and any club not in easy driving range of Oshkosh faces significant fundraising barriers.
In order for us to take a minimum of 65 Pathfinders and staff, we need to raise at least $50,000.00. Currently, we have raised and saved just over $25,000.00, which means we need to double our savings in less than 18 months. The reason we are short on funds is that our club has experienced Incredible Growth in our numbers since the last Oshkosh Camporee in 2009. From numbers of 14 we have grown every year by an average of 10 new Pathfinders and currently have 41 Pathfinders this year! Next year we expect a minimum enrollment of 50; but these numbers could swell beyond this, being what we call an, "Oshkosh Year".
We Thank You for supporting us in our fundraising efforts and may God Bless you all Richly.
>A little bit more about the Cascade Eagles Pathfinders:
We are all about Jesus, Nature and Fun! :-D Finding Jesus is Cool! :-D Come help us find Him!
The Advent Message to all the world in this generation
The love of Christ constrains us all
Pathfinders are a worldwide organization of young people sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, though young people of any religious persuasion, or none at all, are welcome and encouraged to join the organization.
Pathfinders offer a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
* Camping & camping/survival skills
* Grade appropriate leadership training
* Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as helping in downtown soup kitchens, collecting food for the disadvantaged, cleaning & maintaining city and county parks, visiting and encouraging the elderly, and MANY more
* Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honors) given for successful completion of the interactive training modules
* Personal care and encouragement by a caring staff member! While many school classrooms have 10-30 students per teacher, Pathfinders offers AT LEAST a 1 staff member to every 5 Pathfinder ratio!
If you are interested having your kids in a group like this, just do a web search using terms that include your local city, Pathfinders and Seventh Day Adventist Church, to see if there is an active club near you. ;-)
To support Cascade Eagles Pathfinders with a free iGive account,