A Child's Inspiration Wildlife Discovery Garden
Teach, Learn, Listen.
Educate, Inspire, Conserve.
Question, Observe, Engage.
Discover. Wonder. Bee.
Our Mission is to provide a quality, safe, and nurturing natural environment that supports the growth of the whole child.
* We Believe that learning happens in a holistic way through relationships with people and wildlife in nature.
* We Empower children through creativity and discovery to think for themselves while considering wildlife, the environment, and others.
* We Envision strong, curious, engaged, hands-on, STEAM powered problem solving and exploration.
* We Strive for a natural environment that immerses others in a warm, joyful, creative, and safe overall experience.
* We Value and Emphasize a diverse, multicultural, age-appropriate approach that respects and honors All children as individuals, All families as special, and of course All of Nature.
* We Understand that a child’s work is discovery, inquiry, and play and we look for balance of independence and community building.
A Child's Inspiration Wildlife Discovery Garden is a resource for environmental education programming, workshops, and classes. We work to encourage a love and respect for our environment and natural world. We work towards a commitment to the conservation of our environment and natural world through discovery and engagement of stewards and nature heroes of all ages. A Child's Inspiration Wildlife Discovery Garden is a natural resource that is being preserved and maintained to act as an educational and environmental demonstration garden/site. It is our hope that through our work we will be able to pass along the love of learning, love and conservation of our shared environment and the natural world in our community and beyond.
Home of The Nature Heroes!
“Every child should have mud pies, grasshoppers, water bugs, tadpoles, frogs, mud turtles, elderberries, wild strawberries, acorns, chestnuts, trees to climb. Brooks to wade, water lilies, woodchucks, bats, bees, butterflies, various animals to pet, hayfields, pine-cones, rocks to roll, sand, snakes, huckleberries and hornets; and any child who has been deprived of these has been deprived of the best part of education.”
"One has that magical capacity to see the land as an animal does; to experience the sky from the perspective of a flower or a bee; to know a hundred different smells of mud and listen consciously to the soughing of the trees."
To support A Child's Inspiration Wildlife Discovery Garden with a free iGive account,