Friends of Van Cortlandt Park
Bronx, New York
The Friends of Van Cortlandt Park is a non-profit organization that in partnership with the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation is dedicated to the conservation and improvement of Van Cortlandt Park through educational and stewardship programs. The Friends will pursue its mission through activities to achieve the following six specific goals:
- To provide high quality environmental education programs for underserved youth in the Bronx, throughout New York City, and Yonkers.
- To partner with the NYC Department of Parks and Recreation in understanding and addressing Van Cortlandt Parks critical needs.
- To serve as an additional resource to the NYC Department of Parks and Recreation in identifying issues and challenges at the Park.
- To raise funds for the improvement and restoration of Van Cortlandt park as a unique and valued natural resource.
- To promote Park features, events, and programs to the communities surrounding Van Cortlandt Park.
- To expand the constituency of those who care about the Park through the cultivation of a broad-based Friends of Van Cortlandt Park membership.
To support Friends of Van Cortlandt Park with a free iGive account,
Fundraising for Friends of Van Cortlandt Park has never been easier. Up to 26% of each purchase is donated to them.
iGive.com is the easy way to support Friends of Van Cortlandt Park. Your everyday purchases Friends of Van Cortlandt Park mean serious donations!
Folks just like you have helped list over 35,000 causes and charities at iGive.com, including Friends of Van Cortlandt Park.